With all this cold and windy (!) weather, there is nothing better than a big hearty meal to look forward to at the end of the day.
Our favourite go-to comfort dishes normally start with sausages. The great thing about sausages is that they are so versatile. You can have them with potatoes, pasta, bread, vegetables, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, in any flavour! Here are our 5 top sausage recipes from some of our favourite chefs and recipes sites.
- Jamie Oliver’s squash mash and sausage Catherine wheels. This recipe is a healthier take on the classic bangers and mash, which can be enjoyed with a whole host of different vegetables.
- Creamy sausage and rocket linguine – There’s nothing more indulgent that a bowl of creamy pasta. As the ingredients of this recipe are quite simple, you could try it with a combination of different sausages for something different.
- Sausage and beans are a match made in heaven! Jool’s sausage and smoky bean casserole has so many tasty flavours, whilst grilling the sausages and serving with baked sweet potatoes and vegetables makes this a delicious and healthy treat.
- And you just can’t go wrong with a sausage hot pot. This one pot sausage stew is so easy to make during the week, full of flavour and also perfect to freeze.
- Bubble and squeak is a great way to pack in a load of vegetables, and Jamie Oliver’s recipe uses pork sausages and beef (or venison) sausages. Yum!