Picnics and BBQ’s are the ultimate pastime during the summer. We aren’t sure exactly why, but summer-time food undoubtedly tastes better alfresco, and nothing beats standing around a smokey BBQ or sitting on a blanket in the open air under clear blue skies!
Whether you are going for a picnic in the park or on the beach, close to home or further afield, the key to a good picnic is being prepared! There is nothing worse than trying to carry masses of food, bags, cushions, blankets etc. Even if you are picnicking light, there is always a lot to take! Of course you can take the bare minimum, but that would mean potentially warm drinks, uncomfortable seating and soggy sandwiches!
Here are some tips to get picnic prepared!
- Invest in a good carrier! A basket, bag or ideally a cooler bag to keep things chilled! When you start packing for a picnic, you will be surprised how much you actually need to take with you, and with that you should always think about how you will be transporting it from A to B! A traditional picnic basket usually has lots of exciting compartments and pockets to keep everything nice and organised. If you opt for a normal holdall bag, everything will be up, down and all around, so go for something sturdy and easily organised, where everything has its place.
- Wet Wipes and bin bags. Picnics can get messy and tend to accumulate a lot of rubbish and unexpected spillages, so these are vital!
- Plastic or paper? We suggest investing in plastic plates, cups and cutlery. You can often buy plastic picnic sets with everything you need. Plastic or enamel plates are more practical, and avoid trying to balance soggy plates overflowing with food.
Then of course, the most important part of a picnic is what’s in the basket!
We are excited to reveal our new Picnic Food Range! Conveniently packed and ready to go! Including;
- Potato Salad
- Pork Pie
- Scotch Eggs
- Pre-cooked meats – chicken legs, drumsticks, thighs
- Sausage en croute (To cook or pre-cooked)
- Sausage rolls
- Quiches (individual or large)
Everything you need for the ultimate picnic!